I am a software engineer who loves solving challenging problems. I started as a Java developer and transitioned to mobile development in 2010.
I am a highly motivated developer. I initially learned iOS on my own. Since then I’ve grown as a developer and have worked on and led projects that have been featured on the App Store multiple times.
You can download a version of this resume here.
Warner Bros. Digital Labs
Sr Software Engineer (iOS) |
Jan 2019 - Present
- Contributor on iOS team to design and develop multiple iOS and tvOS apps utilizing Swift, iOS 11+, Storyboards, Auto Layout, and Realm.
- Lead iOS developer on DC Universe and DC UNIVERSE INFINITE.
- Lead iOS developer on Boomerang - Cartoons & Movies.
- Led efforts to design and develop comic book streaming mechanism iOS for DC Universe and DC UNIVERSE INFINITE.
- Developed multiple internal libraries utilized by both DC Universe, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE and Boomerang
- Boomerang and DC Universe have both been featured on the App Store multiple times.
Freelance Engineer |
Noc 2007 - Present
- Provided development expertise Factoids iOS app for The Wayne Group utilizing Objective-C, iOS 5.x, Storyboards, and Core Data.
- Designed and developed The Man’s Zen and Skiddlywags iOS apps for Annubis Productions utilizing ObjectiveC, iOS 3.x, AVFoundation, and OCUnit.
- Designed and developed dozens of websites for ColdTree Creative utilizing PHP, MySQL, JQuery, CSS, and HTML.
- Designed and developed a number of websites for additional companies utilizing PHP, MySQL, JQuery, CSS, and HTML.
Principal iOS Engineer |
Oct 2018 - Jan 2019
Warner Bros. Digital Labs
Software Engineer (iOS) |
Jul 2016 - Oct 2018
- Contributor on iOS team to design and develop multiple iOS and tvOS apps utilizing Objective-C, Swift, iOS 10+, Storyboards, Auto Layout, and Realm.
- Led efforts to rewrite DramaFever tvOS app from ground up.
- Contributor on Boomerang - Cartoons & Movies to deliver initial app on an accelerated timeframe.
- Led efforts to design and develop comic book reader for iOS and tvOS for DC Universe.
- Led efforts to design and develop comic book download mechanism iOS and tvOS for DC Universe.
- Contributor on DC Universe in all other aspects of the app.
Principal iOS Engineer |
Sep 2013 - Jul 2016
- Led team of developers (locally and offsite) to design and develop Xfinity Home iOS mobile app utilizing Objective-C, Swift, iOS 8+, Storyboards, Auto Layout, HAL (Hypertext Application Language), and Core Data.
- Led efforts to design and develop 24/7 Video Recording in iOS app.
- Designed and developed remote logging service that enables application health monitoring.
- Participated in multiple lab weeks to explore new ideas in the IoT (Internet of Things) space.
- Led efforts to automate iOS build system for Xfinity Home and other Comcast iOS apps.
- Presented automated iOS build system at local CocoaHeads chapter meeting.
Mobile Engineer Tech Lead |
Dec 2011 - Sep 2013
- Led team of developers to design and develop Mobile Payments app for iOS utilizing Objective-C, iOS 5+, Storyboards, SQLite, and Paydiant SDK.
- Provided mobile and web-service rapid prototypes to prove technologies for business utilizing Objective-C, Java (Android), PhoneGap, HTML5, JQuery Mobile, Bump SDK, CoreData, and RestKit (JSON).
- Designed and developed Android service, analytics, and session management layers of the Barclaycard US Android servicing app.
- Designed and developed internal colleague mapping app for iOS utilizing Objective-C, iOS 5., RestKit (JSON), TBXML (XML) and CoreData.
- Designed and developed Peek functionality for iOS utilizing Objective-C, iOS 5.x, RestKit (JSON). Patent submitted for this work.
Senior Mobile Engineer |
Nov 2010 - Dec 2011
- Designed and developed NAVTEQ Mapping SDK for iOS utilizing Objective-C, iOS 3.x, YAJL (JSON), and OCUnit.
- Designed and developed iOS test harness for testing SDK functionality utilizing Objective-C, iOS 3.x, YAJL (JSON), and OCUnit.
- Assisted Trapster iOS app transition from Google MapKit to NAVTEQ SDK. Trapster has over 14 million users.
- Led efforts to automate iOS build and testing systems.
Engineer 4 |
Oct 2005 - Nov 2010
- Developed Comcast’s MyDVR product, delivering functionality while driving improvement in code testability, utilizing Java 1.5, Oracle 10g, Hibernate, Spring Framework, XFire (SOAP), JBoss, JUnit, JMeter, and SoapUI.
- Built web-application test harness to demonstrate MyDVR functionality using JSP, Ajax, XFire (SOAP), Spring Framework, and Tomcat.
- Developed Integrated Search and Browse for Comcast’s Guide, utilizing Java 1.5, JAXB, and JBoss.
- Facilitated the move from CVS to SVN, and from Ant to Maven.
- Trained and served as a certified Scrum Master.
Siemens Medical Solutions
Software Engineer |
Apr 2004 - Oct 2005
- Worked on the Soarian Financials Architecture team. Soarian Financials is a billing system used in hospitals. Helped with the conversion from Microsoft J++ to Java 1.4. This conversion included converting various parts of the security and user layers from older proprietary systems to new proprietary systems.
- Contributed to applications using Agile methodologies such as Test Driven Design, Pair Programming, and Scrum.
Java Programmer |
Sep 2003 - Apr 2004
- Technical lead in developing company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) package utilizing Java, Enterprise Java Beans, Java Server Pages, MySQL, Apache Struts, JBoss Application Server, and Linux.
- Designing and developed build process for company CRM package using Apache Ant.
- Designed and developed company’s license authentication process using Apache Axis SOAP.
Sep 2002 - Sep 2003
- Designed and developed company’s evaluation software distribution system utilizing Java, Enterprise Java Beans, Java Server Pages, Servlets, JBoss Application Server and Linux.
- Maintained MySQL databases for web application systems.
- Assisted in solving network, hardware and software troubleshooting.
Programmer Analyst |
Jul 2000 - Aug 2002
- Assisted in creating, developing and maintaining company’s internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application (YouRelate) utilizing Java, Enterprise Java Beans, and Java Server Pages.
- Maintained the company website.
Penn State Great Valley
Masters, Software Engineering |
2002 - 2004
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor’s, Computer Science |
1997 - 2001